Significant changes were made to the Illinois Adoption Registry on January 1, 2000 and January 1, 2006. These include the creation of a new Medical Information Exchange Program and expansion of eligible participants.
You may be interested in these changes if you are:
* an adopted or surrendered person age 21 or older.
* An adoptive parent of a minor child.
* A birth parent or birth sibling.
* A legal guardian of an adopted or surrendered person.
* A surviving brother or sister of a deceased birth parent.
* A surviving spouse or adult child of a deceased adopted/surrendered person.
Participation in the Illinois Adoption Registry and Medical Information Exchange is voluntary. No identifying information is released without the express permission of all parties.
Additional information on the Illinois Adoption Registry and Medical Information Exchange (including copies of all necessary forms) is available on the Illinois Dept. of Public Health's Web site at www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/adoption_faq.htm>, by telephone at 877-323-5299 (toll-free in Illinois) or 217-557-5160, or by mail at the address listed below:
IL Dept. of Public Health
IL Adoption Registry and Medical Information Exchange
Division of Vital Records
605 W. Jefferson St.
Springfield, IL 62702-5097