The Compassion for Kids ministry at The Chapel invites you to an
Orphan Sunday Event
with Krista McCoy, M.S.W., LCSW
CULTURE, RACE AND IDENTITY IN FOSTER CARE/ADOPTION
SATURDAY, NOV. 5
1:30 – 4 p.m.
The Chapel’s Barrington Campus
Please join us for an afternoon as Krista McCoy discusses from a professional
and personal perspective the role Christianity plays in raising children of a race and
culture different than the adoptive parents. You will have the opportunity to ask
questions in this open and honest discussion.
PLEASE JOIN US IF YOU:
• Adopted a child domestically or internationally
• Wondered what you should focus on first; Christianity or your child’s race/culture
• Are raising a child who is a different race, culture, or ethnicity
• Are curious about having friends and mentors for your trans-racially adopted child
• Are wondering what you can do to help your child in their identity formation
• Have wanted to know how raising biological children is different than adopted children
Early registration*: By Oct. 27 $10
Snacks provided. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Laura Grimes at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630.235.0903.