With Haiti’s earthquake drawing global focus to the plight of orphans, Christians from across America and beyond will gather in Minneapolis, MN, for the Christian Alliance for Orphans’ Summit VI on April 29-30, 2010. The objective: to inspire and equip Christians to “care for orphans in their distress” through adoption, foster care and global orphan care ministry rooted in the local church.
What you can look forward to:
· Featured speakers will include national champions of orphan care and adoption, including John Piper, Mary Beth Chapman, Tom Davis, Doug Sauder, Stephanie Fast, Jedd Medefind, and Al Mohler. Compelling voices from the global church will join as well, from Africa to Central America.
· Music will be led by Steven Curtis Chapman, Peder Eide, Desperation Band and other artists.
· More than 50 workshops delivering nuts-and-bolts for adoption, foster care and global orphan programs – designed for both laypersons and leadership
Orphan care resources for church ministries, as well as personal orphan care and adoption journeys.
Breakouts will also include 5 “Hague Hour” Credits for Adoptive Families.
Q&A sessions and networking opportunities with respected adoption, global orphan and foster care organizations and veteran ministry leaders.
For Christians stirred by the plight of orphans, Summit VI offers the biggest and best opportunity of the year to learn how to act upon conviction. To learn more and register now, visit the Summit website here.
A taste of breakout topics:
· Haiti and the Local Church: What’s Next?
· Bridging the Great Divide: Building Positive Relationships Between Church Ministries and Government
· Understanding Childhood Development of Overseas Orphans
· A Lifelong Love: Keeping the Gospel at the Center of Orphan Ministry
· Church-Based Orphan Ministry 101
· Fundraising for Orphan Ministry
· Starting in the Right Direction: Helping Pre-Adoptive Couples Make Sound Decisions
· Now What? Helping Children Age Out of Foster Care
· The Financial Challenge of Adoption and How the Local Church Can Respond
· Engaging Church Leadership
· A Child’s Journey Through the Foster Care System
· How Does It Work? Models of Global Orphan Ministry Based in US Churches
· Practical Ideas of Orphan-Focused Events
· Understanding HIV/AIDS and the Orphan
· And many more…
And there’s more! Five sessions will provide pre-adoptive families with needed Hague credits.
· Adoption and Orphans: Becoming a Multicultural/Multiracial Family
· Adoption and Orphans: Attachment and Trauma (Part I and II)
· Adoption and Orphans: Grief and Loss
· Adoption and Orphans: Acclimating to a New Family Member
“American Christians are stirring to the needs of orphans both at home and abroad as never before. What’s thrilling is that even small ministries in local churches can make such significant impact. There are millions of parentless children worldwide, but a single statistic matters more than any other: it only takes one caring adult to make a lifelong difference in the life of an orphan.”
- Jedd Medefind, President, Christian Alliance for Orphans
For more information or to register for the summit, visit www.christianalliancefororphans.org.
If you would like to attend with our team, please e-mail Dina at email@example.com.