Sunday, October 28, 2012

I hope you'll read the story below from the the latest newsletter from the Spoon Foundation.  This foundation seeks to improve nutrition for orphaned, fostered or adopted children.  www.spoonfoundation.org

Below is a snapshot of two precious, severely malnourished girls who found their forever families.  You won't believe the before and after pictures!


A little over a year ago something really important happened. We walked into a place that would change our lives forever.

We met two sweet angels. This is the first time we met Francesca. Francesca was exactly what I expected. A friend of mine had met her when she adopted her little one, so I knew a lot about her.




And little Victoria, who never, ever smiled. The orphanage director described her as having no spirit. When I first saw her, I was stunned. She was totally shut down and showed no emotions. We had to decide within a day if we wanted to adopt her. We could choose to leave her. In my mind, there was a huge risk involved.



Victoria’s eyes haunted me. When we left the orphanage that day, I couldn't’t get her eyes out of my mind. We made the decision that we couldn't’t leave her. No matter what her abilities would be, she deserved more.
To read the rest of the story, click here: http://adoptionnutrition.org/nutrition-profile-archive/nutrition-profile-12/ 


No comments: