Sunday, November 28, 2010

Empty Nesters Refill Home with Love by Adopting Kids

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
11/28/2010
Written by Jim Stingl



With their three children raised and out of the house, Jesse Lewis and Nancy Brooks-Lewis were enjoying a quiet and empty nest.

Well, maybe a little too quiet.

Until some friends mentioned foster parenting to them, they hadn't given it any thought. They had no idea so many children out there needed a home and loving parents.

The idea began to burrow its way into their hearts. "I don't know if I've ever told my wife this," Jesse said when I sat down with the couple recently at their Brown Deer apartment, "but I always wanted a second chance at raising children again to see if I could do a better job. When I heard about foster care, that door opened."

"We just decided to try it and see what happens," Nancy said.

I'll tell you what happened. Jess, Justin, Sarah and Jessica happened. A houseful of adopted kids is what happened. A big, noisy, challenging, rewarding family is what happened.

To read the rest of the article, click below.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/110920389.html

No comments: