Mission: Through a one-week summer resident camp grounded in Christian values, to create hope and positive experiences/memories for abused, neglected, or abandoned kids living in foster care within our neighborhoods in Lake and Cook counties.
Background: Founded in 1985 by Wayne and Diane Tesch, RFKC, Inc. is a national 501(c)3 organization. Today, RFKC holds more than 165 camps in 40 states and 7 foreign countries and serves nearly 7,000 campers each summer. Each camp is a partnership between a church that provides the volunteers; the communities' social services agencies that provide the kids; local businesses, foundations, service clubs and friends that provide the funding; and RFKC that provides the critical training and proven format.
The Campers: The campers are boys and girls 7-11 years old that live in our communities. These children have been neglected, abused and separated from their siblings living in Foster Care or group homes. The children's only memories are of distrust, perpetual anger and low self-esteem. They are victims, longing to be accepted and loved, who would not normally have the opportunity for a camp experience.
Camp Dates: June 13-18, 2010
Camp Location: Lake Geneva Youth Camp, Lake Geneva, WI
Volunteer Opportunities: Counselors (RFKC will train you), nurses, social workers, activity & craft leaders, photographers, Grandpa & Grandma/Aunt & Uncle role models, and leaders in worship, drama & bible stories.
2010 Camp Week Needs List:
1. Foster Child Camp Scholarship
80 needed: $375 per child
2. Royal Family Kids’ Camp T-Shirts (to wear during camp)
80 needed: $6.95each / $563 total
3. White Royal Family Kids’ Camp T-Shirts (clean to wear home)
80 needed: $6.95 each / $563 total
4. Music CD’s with Camp Songs
80 needed: $5 each / $400 total
5. RFKC Children’s Living Bible
80 needed: $9 each/ $720 total
6. Memory Book/ King Photo Album
80 needed: $3 each / $236 total
7. Royal Court Duffel Bag with RFKC Logo (Take-Home Memory Bag)
80 needed:$6.95 each/ $563 total
8. Camper Activity Books - 2009 Curriculum “Royal Court” (Esther / Daniel)
80 needed: $1.80 each / $144 total
9. CD Players for Take-Home Memory Bag; Batteries
80 needed: $15 each/ $1200 total
10. Everyone’s’ Birthday Boxes
80 Needed: $15 each/ $1200 total
ALREADY PLEDGED !
11. “Everyone’s’ Birthday” Sheet Cake & cupcakes for campers
1 cake & 80 cupcakes needed: $185 total
12. Clear Large Storage Bins, 26 gallon
7 needed: $12 each / $84 total
13. 40 Stuffed Animals for girl campers (already have knitted hedgehogs for boys)
40 needed $10 each/ $400 total
14. Craft / Woodworking supplies
80 needed: $20 each / $1600 total
For more information on volunteering or gifting, Please contact Bart Francour, Volunteer Director, at 847-382-0884 or Tim Vandenbos at 224-512-1940