Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Adoption Songs

While visiting the Bethany Christian Services (http://www.bethany.org/) web site, I came across this list of adoption songs. I've added some of them to the PlayList on our blog. If you scroll to the bottom of the blog you'll see the player. Just click on the song you want to hear.




Adoption Songs


Below are a selection of songs that are specifically related to adoption, infant and child loss, or that offer encouragement in the adoption experience. If you know of an adoption song that is not listed here, please email info@bethany.org and they will review it for consideration.

Adoption, The Songs You love - compilation CD on music.adoption.com
All I Really Want - Steven Curtis Chapman; song written from the perspective of a foster child
Angel's Among Us - Alabama; general children's song
Children of the World - Amy Grant
Cinderella - Steven Curtis Chapman
Cry Out to Jesus - Third Day; song about the needs of orphans
Dancing with Orphans - Danny Oertli
Daughters of China - CD by Tim Chauvin; cdbaby.com/cd/chauvin
Every Single One - Geoff Moore
Everything To Me - Mark Schultz; birthmother song
From God's Arms, to My Arms, to Yours - Michael McLean; birthmother song
God Help the Outcasts - Bette Midler
Godspeed - Dixie Chicks; general children's song
Happy Adoption Day - John McCutcheon
He Would be Sixteen - Michelle Wright; birthmother song
Held - Natalie Grant
I Give You to His Heart - Alison Krauss; birthmother song
I Knew I Loved You - Jenae Wright Price
I Know Your Name - Michael W. Smith
I Saw What I Saw - Sara Groves
I Wanna be Just Like You - Phillips, Craig and Dean
If I Saw You in Heaven - Eric Clapton; child loss
In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride
In Your Eyes - Nichole Nordeman
Life Means So Much - Chris Rice
Lullaby in Blue - Bette Midler
My Forever Family - CD; Lisa Silver
My Other Mother - Tamar and Katrina Pederson (www.tamarandkatrina.com)
Orphans of God - Avalon
Same/Same: Songs for Adoptive Families - album by Chuck Kent (www.samesamecd.com)
Secret - Reba McEntire; birthmother song
Streets of Heaven - Sherrie Austin; infant or child loss
The Gift We Could Not Give Each Other - Michael McLean; from an adoptive mother to a birthmother
The One Who Knows - Dar Williams; birthmother song; darwilliams.com
The Promise - Jenae Wright Price
There Was A Heartbeat - Cindy Hughlett (www.therewasaheartbeat.com)
Welcome Home - Brian Littrell
Welcome to the Family - CFC Singles for Christ's Glory Song Book
When Loves Takes You In - Steven Curtis Chapman; adoptive parent song
Who Hears the Cry - J. Brian Hill
You and Me - Rosie Thomas
Your Song - Jenae Wright Price


For a listing of adoption friendly songs we recommend that you visit music.adoption.com.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

You might want to check out "We Have Room" on facebook. Heidi and Krik Weimer have written a beautiful adoption song that you can listen to right on the facebook page. It also nice to connect with tons of folks who are trying to make a difference in the lives of orphans.:)

JoAnn Noble said...

Great idea re: FB Kathleen!
Dina, I tried last month to add a song on the blog and for some reason it would not take it. Not sure why..I used the password you gave me. Do you want to try it?
It's "Temporary Home" by Carrie Underwood.
Thanks!~JoAnn

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Child I Cannot Claim_Senate is a really touching song that would fit perfect with this site. Talks about the pain of the mother and how she feels. Also talks about how they meet here is the link to the youTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stAspMlwht8

BeckyWrightSongs said...

Thank you, Dina! My name is Becky Wright, and my hubby and I have nine children collectively, including two by adoption from foster care. We recently started the "Tahlequah Orphan & Adoption Ministries" here in our city in Oklahoma, and I am also an Artist Ambassador for Kids Alive, Intl. (orphan rescue ministry). I'm a member of the Christian Alliance for Orphans, and a singer/songwriter and speaker at adoption, foster care and orphan events nationwide.

I would love to share my songs about adoption, orphans, foster kids, and God's heart for such, here: www.beckywrightsongs.com/music.htm (Under the "Heart of Adoption CD")

I am humbled that they've blessed hundreds of families and various adoption/orphan ministries across the country (and on radio:)) and would love to share them with you and your readers (and your congregation at Willow Creek!).

Please stay in touch!! For His little ones, Becky (blessed mom!!!)