Monday, November 2, 2009

Elmbrook Church Harvestfest

This past weekend, I just so happened to be visiting my family's church in Wisconsin, Elmbrook Church, and found that they were kicking off their week-long Harvestfest. Harvestfest is an annual local & global mission festival. This year's focus is on orphaned and vulnerable children. I experienced a wonderful Sunday service with guest speaker Patrick McDonald from Viva Network. They had a lobby filled with booths from mission organizations from around the world.
Each evening this week there are free workshops for parents and activities for kids. While many of you will not be able to attend at such late notice, I wanted to let you know about this event so we could catch a vision of what we might someday do in our local churches. I encourage you to go to their web site and check out the workshops, the guests/organizations, the blog and their vision for getting the Church to "Rise Up". You can even listen to some of the workshops on-line. It was so inspiring to me and I think it will be for you as well. You can visit them at www.elmbrook.org/harvestfest.
Please pray for Elmbrook's Harvestfest and that many more people would answer God's call to care for orphans and vulnerable children.

No comments: