Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Passing of a Hero




As the Founder and Executive Director of Starfish Children’s Service, operating the Starfish Foster Home in Xi’an, China, Amanda de Lange accomplished an incredible, loving feat in just seven short years. While she was in the hospital last week, Amanda reflected: “168 babies, nearly 250 surgeries, and 81 adoptions – that pretty much sums up my life!” There is so much humility in that one phrase – and even more impact. Eighty-one Starfishes with their forever families, and so many more ready for their turn, thanks to Amanda and the incredible Starfish team and volunteers.

Amanda also reflected, “I was blessed beyond measure to be given the opportunity to found and direct Starfish. I love that I took the opportunity when it was presented. God was good to me. My work has been a testimony of God’s love for the kids.”


We all mourn the loss of one who gave so passionately of themselves for the sake of orphans.  Let us pray that her legacy lives on and that the work at the Starfish Foster Home continues. May her life continue to inspire us all.

No comments: